To qualify as a disabled rider, some Ride in Kane sponsors require that individuals obtain a Reduced Fare Permit through the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA). If you already have a RTA Ride Free Permit or RTA ADA Paratransit Permit, you do not need to apply for a Reduced Fare Permit, as these permits will also serve as proof of disability.

To obtain a Reduced Fare Program application, call the RTA Mobility Services Helpline at (312) 663-4357 (HELP) and press option 3 on the main menu.

In addition, agencies that serve people with disabilities and older adults can also receive information on RTA programs and services by requesting an informational presentation or participation in a resource fare by calling the RTA Mobility Outreach Program at (312) 913-3203.

For more information on the RTA Reduced Fare Program please visit:

Ride in Kane's participating sponsors

Association for Individual Development Aurora Township Batavia Township Blackberry Township Campton Township City of Batavia City of Elgin City of Geneva City of St. Charles Dundee Township Elgin Township Hesed House St. Charles Township Senior Services Association Village of South Elgin Township of Sugar Grove
Click here to view a larger version of the map.

Ride in Kane service is sponsored by the participating agencies on this page along with assistance from Kane County and Pace Suburban Bus.

This project is funded in part by two awards from the grants the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) received form the Federal Transit Administration, Section 5310 Funds - Enhanced Mobility of Seniors & Individuals with Disabilities and Section 5316 Job Access Reverse Commute programs. Local matching funds for the two federal grants are provided by the participating sponsors, Kane County and Pace Suburban Bus.